Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lost in translation



I know my writing skills often trump my skills as a verbal communicator, but this little scenario takes the cake:

So I go to get my haircut at this salon I kinda like. I haven't really found one particular person there I like, but I've found a couple I don't. And today I found one more.

The instructions I gave were:
1. I want it to be quite a bit shorter; just above the shoulders would be great.
2. I want it thinned out/layered in the back.
3. I don't want to have to spend any time fixing it.

Fortunately for me, #3 has always pretty much been a given mostly because the natural curl in my hair is best left to its own devices. So my first clue should have been that my typically 30-min haircut was taking about three times that long. Granted, I did admit at one point that I don't really get freaked out about my hair, but I didn't expect she would call me on it.

And by the way, no, I'm not keeping it like this.
Enjoy.

P.S. — FEMALE PIRATE COWBOYS RULE! YAR!!!



You might recognize this entry from my original blog, where it originally appeared in a May 20, 2008, entry. But it never really fit there. So... now it has a home here. Thanks for reading.

No comments: